07 September 2012

One week, a day late

First off, thank you everyone for your congratulations! We are so in love with our little guy!

It's hard to believe that I have a 7 day old (plus one day) baby boy. Mr Siili seems to feel the same way, as I keep hearing him say "Look at how little he is." and "I can't believe we'll be seeing him grow up from day one and knowing someone their ENTIRE life." While it has only been 8 days since I gave birth, in some respects it seems so much longer. Although, it doesn't yet feel like I've always had this little boy in my life. There are just way to many things that are new and that I'm still learning. I suspect I'll be learning a lot of new stuff for a long time to come.
Baby Paxlet, hours old on Aug. 30th, 2012
There is so much I want to say, but where to start...? The birth story will be coming shortly, I've written down notes on paper in the hospital in hopes of not forgetting anything.

I'm so in love with this little guy! I can't stop slobbering on kissing his head while he is in my arms.

We think we have a name chosen for him, but we have not announced it to anyone yet as we are testing it out for ourselves for some time. Also, I think I'll just continue to call him Paxlet on this blog. (This may change at some point, but I don't think so.)

Paxlet eats and eats and eats and eats and, well you get the idea. He loves to eat. In fact, at his one week check up, he had almost gained all of his weight back. Birth weight was 3610 and one week check up was 3570 (I think. I'll have to check with Mr Siili).

Paxlet also doesn't like to be put down* to sleep very often. I am getting very proficient at one-handedness. I can even pee with the baby in one arm! (Yeah, I know you wanted to know that.)

I am thankful that my mom had bought and saved an original Snugli (from the '70's) for me. I am also thankful that I was able to find someone online who also has the same type of Snugli and had the instructions that came with it and that they were willing to scan and send them to me! It has made a world of difference. In fact, Paxlet is in his Snugli on my chest as I type this.
Paxlet, 8 days old in the Snugli while momma types up this blog post

Diaper changes. OMG! I must be doing something wrong or just not in the correct order. I swear that almost every time I change baby boy's diaper, he immediately pees or poos in the clean one and we have to repeat the process all over again, which Paxlet hates by the way. I really need to figure out how to change diapers in a more efficient manner.

We're still using disposables. I plan on testing out and hopefully switching to cloth, only, once we get a bit more set in a routine and figure out what's going on.

I've had a few hormonal meltdowns this last week. The biggest one being about how I hate my nursing bras. I have always hated bras and these ones are no exception. They just aren't that comfortable and I feel as if I'm falling out of them.

Speaking of bras, or rather what's in them. My boobs are HUGE! Jugs, as Mr Siili put it, with a snicker and giggle.

Mr Siili's new favorite saying whenever something isn't quite perfect or right: Tough titty (said the kitty when the milk went dry).

I'm sure there is so much more I'm forgetting to mention, but whatever it is, it'll have to be said in a future post, I think Paxlet needs his diaper changed soon.

*Every time I say that I need to or would like to "put Paxlet down", Mr Siili chimes in with some comment about how he's too young to be "put down" aka put to sleep, like an animal. While I know this sounds morbid, it is just one example of Mr Siili's constant play on words.