10 August 2012

Sharing the sweetness

The work week is almost over for Mr Siili and I know he'll be happy to have the weekend to rest. We don't have any plans, but I do hope we'll spend some quality one on one time.

I have been watching Taekwon-do in the Olympics the last few days. For the first time, there is a sport in the Olympics that I've participated in and still care about. Although, the Olympics uses World Taekwon-do Federation (WTF) rules and I have practiced under International Taekwon-do Federation (ITF) rules. The main differences, in competition, seem to be that WTF requires more/different padding & protection, no use of hands for punching and they are always screaming! The girly squeals are the most annoying. I have no favorites, it's just interesting to watch.

A friend of mine will be coming over this evening after she gets off work. It'll be nice to see her as I've not seen anyone I know other than Mr Siili for a few days. I really should go food shopping first, though.
As I said at the beginning of the month, I signed up for NaBloPoMo for the first time. I was quite excited because the topic was SWEETS and I love sweet stuff. Only 'problem' is, I haven't written much using these sweet prompts because I've had quite a bit of things I've wanted to say using my own topics and I try not to post more than once a day on most days.

Anyway, today is Friday and as I've not got much to say, I'm going to use the daily prompt because it fits quite well.
Today's NaBloPoMo prompt is:  What was the last piece of candy that you gave someone else?

When my MIL was over last Saturday, she was in the mood for a little something sweet, so I shared my stash with her. Specifically she tried a piece of candy I brought back from Shanghai last fall called White Rabbit. It's a simple milk candy that isn't too sweet and doesn't have much flavor, but it is quite yummy.