22 August 2012

40 weeks, part 2

Well, I'm still at home, in one piece and no matter how you look at it now, Paxlet has been baking for 40 weeks.

Speaking of baking, I bought some lemons on Monday just in case I got the urge to bake something with them. And I did get the urge to bake! Yesterday, on the Technicolor Kitchen blog, after a bit of searching in her archives, I came across a Lemony nectarine cake recipe. It looked yummy, easy to make and I had all the ingredients. In fact, it only called for the zest of 2 lemons, so I still have the zest of 1 lemon and lemon juice of three lemons!

This cake was super easy to make and very tasty! Mr Siili and I ate half of it already last night, with a bit of ice cream, although it was yummy enough without it. I'll be making this recipe again.
But, what am I going to do with the rest of my lemons?
Seeing as how Paxlet really can arrive at any day now, I feel like I should be doing some last minute things, but I'm not.
Here's a quick list of some things I feel like I should be doing:
  • Wash some laundry, at least one load
  • Write something on Mr Siili's birthday card seeing as his birthday is tomorrow
  • Start filling in Paxlet's Baby Book that I bought a couple of weeks ago
  • Write the last Thank You-card for my Skype-video baby shower (it was a last minute addition, all the rest have been sent, except for the 2 that need addresses) 
  • Organize Paxlet's clothes in the closet. Right now they are just piled in there
  • Continue with organizing and arranging boxes and other stuff from the move (3 months ago)
  • Re-check Paxlet's coming home bag, I think I want to make a change or two

And this is what I am actually doing (with a sleeping cat on my limited lap space):
  • Reading & commenting on blogs
  • Playing Farkle (aka 10 000, a dice game) on FB
  • Thinking about getting out of the house, but I can't be bothered to get dressed and it's raining
  • Thinking about baking something else - What can I do with my lemons? Suggestions anyone?