21 August 2012

40 weeks aka Where's Paxlet?

I'll tell you where Paxlet is, right where he's been for the last 39 other weeks. And it doesn't look like he has any plan of coming out soon. Sure, I've been having a lot of Braxton Hick contractions this past week, but that's about it. I'm sure I'm not even feeling half of them, as I only notice some of them by feeling my tummy and realizing it is 'hard'. I know he'll come out in his own time, but I'm now at the point that he has made great use of my uterus for 40 weeks and I'd like him to now come out.

Also, I know today is Tuesday, but as I pointed out last week, the 21st of August is the official due date according to the doctors, hospital and government (where I'm getting my maternity pay). Because of this, I decided to give my weekly update today instead of tomorrow. I'm also sort of hoping maybe this will bring the real contractions on and I'll be in the hospital soon delivering my little one.

Total Weight Loss/Gain: At the neuvola appointment today, I'm up another kilo or so, most likely because of swelling. I'm at 88,1 kilos.

Stretch marks:
There was about 3 minutes this week when I thought I had 2 stretch mark lines, one on each side of my tummy. I say 3 minutes only, because that is how long it took me to waddle up the stairs and look in the full length mirror after Mr Siili mentioned the marks. It turns out they are not stretch marks, but scars from my laparoscopic surgery 2,5 years ago, to diagnose and remove the endometrisos I have.

Sleep: Still sleeping well, when I sleep. Although, the last few nights I have been having major dreams and nightmares.

Movement:
As usual, Paxlet moves like a wiggle worm. I've tried to take pictures of how lopsided he makes my tummy, but they just don't show up well. (See?) Basically the right half of my tummy is much larger and harder than the empty left half.
Gender: It's a boy!!
Symptoms:
Swelling is still my worst symptom. Having said that, I know I have it pretty easy, but I still don't like my fingers hurting like this.

I have noticed that if I don't drink enough water (like yesterday) I feel queasy and have a bad headache.

What I look forward to:
I truly look forward to finding out what real labor contractions are like. And after that, I look forward to having Paxlet in my arms and finally deciding on a name by which we will call him.

Moods:
I'm just trucking right along. I even sort of got Mr Siili to agree that I haven't been that moody or horrible during this entire pregnancy and right now is no different. Sure I've had my moments, but who doesn't?!

Milestones:
Paxlet is the size of a watermelon! Is there anything else bigger for Paxlet to be compared to?


My little boy has taken full use of my uterus! That's pretty amazing, especially since I've read about so many babies coming too early in the IF community.

Medical concerns:
The neuvola nurse and midwife student didn't see much of anything today to make them concerned. My hemoglobin did finally fall to below 100 (it was at 99 today), but the nurse said there wasn't much to be done right now this close to delivery. So, I'll just continue to take the iron supplement like I have been and hope I don't bleed too much during delivery.

Also, as today is Paxlet's due date, the nevola nurse and midwife student will be sending a letter to the hospital to inform them of my/our status. If I still don't arrive at the hospital within the next 10 days or so in labor, the hospital will send me a letter informing me when to come in to get this started manually. I really hope Paxlet decides to come on his own before then.

Misc:
This sight still cracks me up after all this time. Mansi is such a goofball, but she is our goofball that fits quite well into our family.


Does anyone have any suggestions to help get labor started? I vacuumed our entire house yesterday (ouch) and nothing more than a lot of BH. I've taken short walks. I will see if I can tempt Mr Siili for some "between the sheets" time, but after the major failure from a couple of weeks ago, I'm not sure it will work.

This week's bump pictures can be seen in the Paxlet Pictures tab.
 I actually managed to remember a 39 week picture. Let's see if I can remember to get today's taken this evening.

39 weeks
38 weeks
37 weeks
36 weeks
35 weeks
34 weeks
33 weeks
32 weeks
31 weeks
30 weeks
29 weeks
28 weeks
27 weeks
26 weeks
25 weeks
24 weeks
23 weeks
22 weeks
21 weeks
20 weeks
19 weeks
18 weeks
17 weeks
16 weeks
15 weeks
14 weeks
13 weeks
12 weeks
11 weeks
10 weeks
9 weeks
8 weeks
7 weeks