28 June 2012

32 weeks

Eight weeks left, officially, of this pregnancy!! Now it is feeling as if time has flown and is flying!

I chatted with my dad last night via Skype. He gave me some great advice, which thankfully I've been following all along: Don't wish the moments to go by quickly, because before you know it the kid(s) will be wanting to go to college (my youngest brother) and having kids of their own (me, twice as old as my youngest brother). I truly have been trying to stay in the moment and enjoy each and every little thing about this pregnancy. Even the not so pleasant moments, for which I've had very few and not so bad.


Total Weight Loss/Gain: No weight gain this week, which means I'm still at 80kg. I do feel bigger!

Maternity Clothes: I've been getting lots of compliments about the clothes I've been wearing (mat and non, but mostly mat). Some of them make my bump stand out and others sort of mask it, but there is no way to hide this bump completely. Hehehe

Stretch marks: Not a single one. I love my bump! Even the 3 scars I have from my laproscopy surgery don't bother me so much anymore. However, I am doing my darnedest to ignore my ever-increasing outtie of a bellybutton.

Sleep: When I sleep, I usually sleep quite well (it's my own fault when I get to bed too late, not pregnancy), so long as I don't drink tons of liquid before bed. But this last week, my hips have started hurting on several nights. On the nights that my hips hurt, it is more difficult to find a comfortable position and thus sleep solidy.

Movement: Several mornings this past week I've woken up and just laid in bed for a few moments and felt Paxlet wiggle around. Sometimes it is a huge kick and other times it is smaller movments, but definite rolling and wiggling inside. So funny!

I also believe I have felt Paxlet with hiccups three times now! The movement is small and rhythmic movements. Poor guy! Mr Siili asks if he should tell our cat Rusty about it so he can laugh at Paxlet because I've laughed at Rusty in the past when he's had hiccups. Bad momma, I know!

Cravings/Aversions: I've been eating lots of fruit, still! It's just the right time of the year to eat it. Yum!

Gender: It's a boy!!
The big news I seem to get from my weekly progress emails about the pregnancy are: "If your baby's a boy, his testicles have probably moved into his scrotum." WooHoo! Go Paxlet!

Symptoms: Sore hips sometimes, having to walk slower than normal, needing to sit up straighter so that I can breath normally and not feel squished (especially after I've eat something)

I've noticed that I'm quite thirsty lately. I drink quite a bit of water and water flavored tea and some juice, but I feel thirsty. I wonder if this is normal.

What I miss: I truly tried to think of something for this, but really, I haven't had to cut out much out of my life that I now miss. Most of the things are so little as to not be a huge deal. Such as I miss being able to be a piggy sometimes when it comes to food I like. Right now if I eat too much food at once, I just feel very uncomfortable. 

What I look forward to: Tomorrow is our 4th and final 'course' that is being offered by the neuvola center. Tomorrow's topic is birth. I only have 7 more days of work, before my maternity leave starts!! Mr Siili is taking a week of holiday starting the same week as my maternity leave. My 36th birthday is a month away (as of tomorrow). The RHCP concert is a few days after my birthday and I'm still convinced I'll be feeling well enough to attend. 
So much to look forward to and I'm sure I haven't listed everything that's going to happen that I'm looking forward to!

Moods: I've been feeling quite good this week, although maybe a bit more irritable at Mr Siili. On the flip side, I don't think he's been so helpful, supportive and understanding, so I think some of my not-so-pleasantness isn't totally uncalled for.

Milestones: Paxlet is the size of a squash! And he weighs as much as a rutabaga/swede (1750g).
Only 56 days to go before Paxlet is scheduled to arrive. Wowzers!

Medical concerns: The first part of my pregnancy saw me freezing all the time! I know it was mid-winter, but I was always cold. Nowadays, I am much warmer and even sometimes I feel like I've got hot flashes.

I've been meanting to post about this one for a few weeks, but I keep forgetting. About 8 weeks ago, Jesica over at Just Smile and Blog talked about Diastasis Recti (separating abdominal muscles) and the fact that she had never heard of it before. I had never heard of it either before her blog post. It is quite strange to see a ridge running up and down ones tummy when they use their stomach muscles to sit up or move in some other way. It doesn't hurt, it just looks strange. I don't think I would have ever thought of this as being something out of the ordinary, and I probably wouldn't have even noticed it if it weren't for Jesica's post. So, I too have the pregosaurus symptom.

Misc: Work is insanely busy and I've got short-timer's disease. On the one hand, I know I need to get some stuff done and caught up because quarter-end closing is near and there is tons of work to be done, yet some of the things I just can't be bothered to worry about. A part of me is also thinking "it's about time that it's my turn to go on maternity leave". Next week one of my co-workers, and the person who will take over my stuff, will be back from holiday and I'll be able to hand stuff over to her. WooHoo!

Our new place still needs to be organized, cleaned and everything put in it's place. I didn't do anything last week, as Mr Siili and I took a holiday from it. I've sort of started up again and will have to pace myself because I can't be standing too long at a time. I'm not worried, it will get done.

As I posted earlier today, I'm starting to get a bit stressed over the things we have for Paxlet, or rather, the things we don't yet have. I'm loving the comments I've gotten so far and can't wait to see what else people have to suggest. Thanks!

This week's bump pictures can be seen in the Paxlet Pictures tab.
Again I was bad and no pictures were taken last week. But, I did get pictures taken today, I just won't be able to put them online until tomorrow (the earliest).
31 weeks
30 weeks
29 weeks
28 weeks
27 weeks
26 weeks
25 weeks
24 weeks
23 weeks
22 weeks
21 weeks
20 weeks
19 weeks
18 weeks
17 weeks
16 weeks
15 weeks
14 weeks
13 weeks
12 weeks
11 weeks
10 weeks
9 weeks
8 weeks
7 weeks