31 May 2012

28 weeks + 1 day

Packing, moving and playing house is so very exhausting! And that is my excuse for being late for posting this week's weekly update. I am insanely grateful that we have all of our crap stuff in one place, now I just need to see how I can manage to get it all straightened out. I have been cleaning, organizing and moving things around to try to get us into a more organized living space. It's slowly getting there!

This new place is ~35m2 (with stairs) bigger than our apartment, but it sure does seem like we have less space. Mostly, I think it is just a matter of getting used to the new layout and the differences between new spaces compared to old spaces. I do know the kitchen has less cupboard space than the previous place, which is a bummer because I love being in my kitchen, but I'll manage. If anything, this will be a great opportunity to get rid of extra stuff we don't really need.

Total Weight Loss/Gain: Still hanging in there at 77kilos this week. The neuvola nurse did say I should start watching what I eat a little bit (meaning less sweets) as I am most likely still going to gain more weight in this last stretch.

Maternity Clothes: I really really should find a couple of maternity shirts. Most of my regular shirts just aren't long enough anymore and I don't like my tummy hanging out. Plus, I really need to get the clothes sorted out before heading back to work next week's Tuesday or I won't have any appropriate things to wear.

Stretch marks: None yet, although I'm thinking I'll have an outtie bellybutton very soon (eeew!).

Sleep:
Still not getting enough sleep, but most of it is due to a stuffed nose and allergies. I do get a bit uncomfortable if I lay on one side for too long, but rolling over helps that. Although, to roll over, I do have to semi-wake up because it isn't as easy as it used to be.

Movement: I thoroughly enjoy it when Paxlet wiggles. It's so much fun knowing that he is in there wiggling around, growing bigger and stronger. Paxlet has kicked me a couple of times quite hard this last week. One time I was laying in bed on my right side when he kicked me, which made my body wiggle! Another time my elbow/arm was resting on my tummy right where Paxlet happened to kick and my entire hand/arm wiggle. I love it!

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing lately. Still liking my sweets, though.

Gender: It's a boy!!

Symptoms: I had my first of swollen ankles! Although, I think that had more to do with the very late night (3 am) and lots of moving around to get our old place packed than it did of pregnancy.

I'm still getting some quick sharp pangs in my lower tummy and pubic area now and then, but nothing that lasts more than a quick sec. I still don't believe I've had any Braxton hicks.

What I miss: Not having a tummy in the way of things. Haha, I know! That's what a healthy pregnancy is about, so really, it isn't a complaint, but more of an observance. 

What I look forward to: The rest of my holiday time. I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday. And then I work the rest of that week, the whole of the next week and then I have another week off. After that, I only have 2,5 weeks (at most) before I start my maternity leave! Time is flying by.

I'm very much looking forward to the baby shower my friends are throwing me in two weeks! I need to get the downstairs of our new place in presentable order before then...

Moods: I've been feeling quite good, if a bit stressed from the moving. Thankfully Mr Siili and I managed quite well and didn't bite each others' head off too badly. Although, I do hate it when he tells me I'm in a bad mood, when I completely wasn't until he did or said something stupid and wouldn't let it go. After that I am in a bad mood.

Milestones: Paxlet is the size of an eggplant still, yet again! When's this kid gonna grow some more? He has grown in weight though. This week Paxlet weights as much as a head of kiinankaali aka Chinese cabbage or bok choy (I learned something new! I didn't know bok choy was the same as Chinese cabbage and vice versa. I have always just known the Finnish name for it and thus the directly translated name.), which is about 1 kilo (2,2 lbs).

Medical concerns: Being able to breathe is a good thing! My nose was still so stuffed up at the end of last week that I went to the doctor again, this time asking about a sinus infection. No signs of a sinus infection were found, but the doctor gave me some antibiotics just in case. Sometimes my nose is just fine and other times it is so 'stucked' that I have a hard time breathing even while awake.

It isn't such a wonder why I am having such a bad time with allergies this year. Sure, part of it could be because of the pregnancy and not being able to use my known to work medications, but there are so many others I know that don't normally have any sort of allergies that are having problems too. I read that this year is the worst count of birch pollen there has been in the last 30 years!! 

It hasn't rained in the last few days, so I think that is why my allergies and stuffiness is getting worse again. However, it's supposed to start raining today and carry on for the next several days. Cheers to a lot of the birch pollen being washed away!

I had my diabetes test on Monday and I still have the bruises to show for it. I got the results back today at my neuvola appointment. (See, something good came out of me posting this only today instead of yesterday: you didn't have to wait a week to find out the results.) I passed the test with flying colors and there is no sign of diabetes.

My hemoglobin has also gone back up to a normal range (120 this time instead of 109 like last time). So, I'll continue to randomly take iron capsules to keep it there. 

Sex?: I've given up on the idea of a crazy sex drive during this pregnancy. We'll just have to do with what we've got. ;)

Misc: I've been slowly reading Fifty Shades of Grey during this last week. I don't get too many pages read before I start passing out from exhaustion, but it has been a fun read so far.

The sauna in our new place doesn't have enough rocks in it to cover the heating unit so we haven't been able to break it in yet. That makes me sad. Hopefully the site building manager will bring enough rocks tomorrow when he comes to check on a few other (minor) things we've noticed that are not quite right about the place so that we can go to sauna in the evening!!

Yesterday was first day since we moved that I woke up without insanely sore calves. It's going to take a while to get used to having stairs.

This week's bump pictures can be seen in the Paxlet Pictures tab.
So I've been very bad and still haven't uploaded the picture from last week. It is taken and still on the camera. And I still need to get this week's taken...and then put both up. I just don't know where the clothes are that I've been wearing every week. If I can't find them today, I'll just have to find something else for this week's picture.

27 weeks
26 weeks
25 weeks
24 weeks
23 weeks
22 weeks
21 weeks
20 weeks
19 weeks
18 weeks
17 weeks
16 weeks
15 weeks
14 weeks
13 weeks
12 weeks
11 weeks
10 weeks
9 weeks
8 weeks
7 weeks