24 May 2012

27 weeks + 1 day

Another week where I'm a day late posting my weekly update. Life happens and so we move on. Yesterday I was just so insanely and utterly tired that I couldn't be bothered to even try to blog. I didn't get much sleep the night before (in bed and semi-asleep after 1am and awake at 6am to go to work). Work itself was really busy trying to get last minute things done and caught up before I started my week and a half (moving) holiday. Mr Siili and I ran to the bank in the middle of the day to release our loan and pay for our house. We were rich! And now we are poor (again) in under two minutes! Yes, I know, it's for a very good reason. I didn't leave work until just before 7pm, when I re-remembered that I had library books with me that needed to be returned on the other side of town. I got home at 8pm, heated myself some leftovers, which I really needed as I hadn't eaten since lunch time at 1pm. And then I started cleaning and packing for a while until Mr Siili came home from basketball. By the time I stopped packing and sat down to watch one show with Mr Siili, my body was aching and trembling. I felt like I might pass out, which hasn't happened during the pregnancy yet. It was a little bit scary. And by the time we managed to crawl into bed, again close to 1am, my body and especially my tummy just ached! You know that feeling when gravity starts working in a different direction (sideways instead of down) and that achyness that comes with it? Yeah, that's what I was feeling. It definitely means I did too much.
I have now used the sarvikuono (neti pot) 4 times since I bought it earlier this week. I'm still not quite sure what to think about it. The main thing is that I don't think it is working for me. My nose is just as stuck afterward or maybe I get 5 minutes of relief, but mainly I just have a slight feeling of water in my nose and saltwater taste in my mouth. Thankfully I don't mind saltwater flavor that much. Either I am just not using it correctly or my nostrils really are so plugged up that I can barely get water to flow through them. I honestly think it is the latter. The first time I used it, water flowed quite well through one nostril, but not the other. The other 3 times, I was lucky if I got a drip-drip motion to happen. In any case, my nose it still plugged, I'm still not breathing well at night and I'm not getting a decent night's sleep. Also, it doesn't look like we'll be getting any rain for the next few days, so allergies will continue to plague me. Such is life.
I found out yesterday that my former team leader is pregnant again. What's funny, is that a co-worker of mine and I was just discussing the day before the possibility of her being pregnant again. (Now, this was only a conversation between the two of us and we would never express this to anyone else. We have a close working relationship and talk about lots of stuff that I wouldn't talk about with anyone else at work. We trust and know the other won't blab it around work.) He (co-worker) said that she was wearing a maternity/big baggy hide-the-tummy type of sweater the other day. And I said that she couldn't be pregnant because I swear I looked 2 days before and she was wearing skinny-minny clothes. LOL. He won the "bet".

Her first kid is 1,5 years old. And while I am very happy for her, (you can hear the 'but', coming, can't you?!) infertility reminders can't help but rear their ugly head and give me a very small pang of sadness at how unfair it is that she is fertile enough to conceive so quickly and easily. Stupid infertility! Yet, I am so very grateful that I am healthily pregnant right now as I am in a much better head space to hear news like this.
I also found out this week that a friend and co-worker is getting divorced. I'm heart broken for her and her situation.
As I took the bus to the other side of town yesterday to return the library books, the bus path is directly through the center of town, which has cobbled streets. These cobbles made Paxlet decide to wiggle a bit, both directions, afterward. It made me smile.
As I was leaving work yesterday, I had a conversation with another friend/co-worker about the passage of time. She remarked to me that time has really flown by these last 6 months. It made me pause for a second and then agree with her wholeheartedly, kind of. As I explained to her, some aspects of the past 7 months to a year have gone by insanely fast and other parts not so much. I remember telling people that we won't be moving for a year or 6 months or 4 months. And now, we're moving this weekend!! Like, in 2 days! I also told her that I'm 7 months along now and that in some respects, this pregnancy has taken its time, but in others respects, OMG! I'm 7 months and Paxlet is going to be here in 3 months! I've been enjoying every day of this pregnancy and I haven't been wishing it to go any faster or slower, but just as it is.It really is crazy to think about the passage of time.

And now on to the weekly update. 

Total Weight Loss/Gain: I'm up another kilo this week, which makes 11 total so far.

Maternity Clothes: My black maternity pants and a bright and colorful dress (non-maternity) are by far my most favorite clothes right now. I've been going through my clothes trying to figure out what still fits, what definitely doesn't and what sort of wardrobe I have and what I need to buy in order to survive another 3 or so months. I definitely need a few shirts that are longer in length.

Stretch marks: Still no marks, but my tummy is getting more taught. And with that, my belly button is getting more and more shallow. Eeew!

Sleep:
Sleep is difficult to come by. I'm exhausted each night, but with my allergies still raging on in the form of a stuffed up nose, I just can't sleep well. Hopeless thinking is that once we move to our new place, maybe there will be less allergens in the air inside. Like I said, hopeless thinking.

Movement: I'm still amazed (and slightly weirded out) that I have a little someone wiggling around inside me. Paxlet's kicks and movements are getting stronger, but they aren't painful yet. Or rather, if he kicks in just the right place when I'm not expecting it, I will give a little "oof" but it isn't painful.

So far, most all movements have been concentrated on the right side of my tummy, most of them in the lower region. I wonder if and when that will change. Not that I want him kicking my ribs, as I've so often heard of.

Cravings/Aversions: I can still go for some sweet things, but the craving for them isn't as strong as it was the last couple of weeks. Although, even if I crave sweets right now, I do wonder how much of that is just me normally (as I am a candy rat) and how much of it is pregnancy related cravings.

Gender: It's a boy!!
I jokingly suggested to Mr Siili that we should name our little boy Urpo (as I noticed yesterday that Friday is his name day). Mr Siili replied that he still thinks Ylermi would be the better choice. So Paxlet's unofficial never-going-to-be-his-name is Ylermi Urpo.
(To hear a correct, but in my opinion strange, pronunciation of Ylermi, follow the link.)

Symptoms: This week I've started noticing how the area over my pubic bone is quite sore. I don't think it is the bone itself, maybe more of the tissue above it. I'm not worried about it, as the last time I was at my neuvola appointment the nurse asked if that area was sore/hurting and when I replied it wasn't, she said something along the lines of "don't worry, it will be in the future". So, it's now sore/hurting.

The last two days, I've gotten some sharp stabbing pains in the right side of my stomach. It has been in the same spot each time and it feels like someone is sticking a long pin in me. Not pleasant at all.

What I miss: I miss sleep! I also miss being able to breathe normally most of the time.

What I look forward to: Many things to look forward to this upcoming week.
For starters, Mr Siili and I are going out to dinner this evening. (We've got a gift card that needs to be used before the end of the month. *sheepish grin*)

While I don't look forward to the rest of the packing we have to do, I do look forward to moving into our new place and being fully moved!

I have the glucose test on Monday. While I've heard good and not so pleasant experiences with it, I'm just excited to experience another part of the pregnancy journey. Plus, I'm taking a few books with me (finally got 50 Shades of Grey) so I won't be bored.

Moods: Tired, a bit stressed, happy (especially happy to be on holiday) and everything in between

Milestones: Paxlet is the size of an eggplant still! But he is also about the weight of a head of cauliflower (900g).

In the books I've read and online sites I've been following, yesterday marked the start of 7 months and the 3rd trimester! 

Medical concerns: Nothing pregnancy related. I think allergies are going to get the best of me this year. People who know me and I talk to on the phone always ask: Are you ok? Your voice sounds funny/different. Yup, that's what happens when your nose is so plugged up you can't breathe or talk without getting winded.

Sex?: A distant memory of the past, unfortunately. Although, I do hope we'll find the desire and time to break in our new house. Heheehe

Misc: We should have internet at the new place from the start, but who knows when I'll have time to post an update.

This week's bump pictures have not yet been taken, but hopefully this evening Mr Siili can take them. And when I get a moment, the pictures will uploaded and then can be seen in the Paxlet Pictures tab.

26 weeks
25 weeks
24 weeks
23 weeks
22 weeks
21 weeks
20 weeks
19 weeks
18 weeks
17 weeks
16 weeks
15 weeks
14 weeks
13 weeks
12 weeks
11 weeks
10 weeks
9 weeks
8 weeks
7 weeks