12 April 2012

Pregnancy brain


No, not pregnancy on the brain, but pregnancy brain! I try not to blame many things on hormones (like PMS) as much as I can, but really, sometimes things are just too coincidental and funny to not be blamed on hormones.

Last night I was so tired that I had already crawled into bed and completely forgotten about Paxlet pictures by the time Mr Siili got home. So, the pictures weren't taken until this evening and they are now ready to be viewed.
Today at work a lady started chatting with me asking me questions about a banking issue for the unit I work with. I replied to her and asked a few questions of my own. And then I remembered that during our morning coffee break we (with our entire group, but instigated by her) had talked about earthquakes, how they are measured and what is the difference between Richter and magnitude. So I quickly Googled it and started copying and pasting some of the more interesting parts of the page I found. She ignored this bit of chat and continued to ask a couple of things about her issue and then said she'd get back to me after lunch.

It was only a couple of hours later, when I realized that the person who had started chatting with me was Niina something-hill (not our team) and not Nina somethingdifferent-hill (our team). I had been rambling on about a subject to someone who had no clue what I was talking about! And she didn't even say anything. Although, to find out later, she hadn't even read those bits until I mentioned my goof up to her, as she was so focused on her issue. She said I'm not the only one who has done this. Man, I was so embarrassed, but I still told Nina from our team what I had done. I could hear her laughing across the room and she told me I had good reason to have lapses in my thinking. This isn't the first time I've done this since being pregnant, although the other time was with 2 different Heidi's.

 
I have my chiropractor appointment tomorrow at 16:30. I'm so freakin' excited! Mr Siili helped me find the chiro (from the phone book and the first one on the list) just over 13 years ago when I was visiting here for 3 months. The guy spoke great English, listens to me when I say something doesn't feel quite right after an adjustment and takes a second look and understands my owl-like (or some even say exorcist) neck. I've only ever gone to one other chiropractor here in Finland and I left there in worse pain than when I had gone in. I hope to not have to look for a new one for many years to come. 

Through pictures on the desk, I've watched my chiropractor's two boys grow from itty bitty babies to the young boy and almost teen that they are now. I'm kind of excited to be able to finally go to him and be pregnant myself. Someone who has "known" me my entire Finnish existence and he gets to see another side of me. I'm also excited to see how chiro treatments are different, if at all, now that I'm pregnant and can't really comfortably lay on my tummy.
 
But the greatest thing is, I know my neck and lower back will feel much better after the treatment. I love my chiro!
A couple of pictures that I just couldn't resist sharing to end this post.
Mansi
Rusty