26 April 2012

23 weeks

I had a weird but fun dream last night. I dreamt that I was hanging out with Anthony Kiedis from Red Hot Chili Peppers!! (Yummy, yummy, yummy!) He was at my house (although I don't think it was the place we live in now) and he was hanging out and having a great time with me and me with him. Then after that we went to their concert, where I had front and center seats/spot. Definitely an amazing dream and one that I wouldn't mind coming true. Haha.

I only just now realized this evening that this dream probably came about  because I am heading to a friend's house, we'll call him 'Divine,' tomorrow after work and he has my RHCP ticket for the concert this summer (when I am just 3 weeks away from my due date).

Divine is the name of my friend's online character when I first met him all those years ago in the game we and Mr Siili played. Along with Mr Siili, this guy is one of the people I've known the longest (and kept in touch with) since I first visited Finland. I can't wait to catch up with Divine and his wife tomorrow, as it has literally been ages since we've last met.

Total Weight Loss/Gain: I'm up a total of 6kg this week. I'm so happy it is showing mostly only in my tummy and boobs.

Maternity Clothes: I love my black maternity stretch pants! I wish I could find them in different colors and used. I'm figuring out which pants I can still wear and which ones need to be put away for a while. Thankfully some still fit, with a bit of elastic to keep the button and hole somewhat together.

Stretch marks: Nothing yet. But the light fuzzy hairs all over my tummy and in a line down the middle are still amusing to me.

Sleep: I've definitely been sleeping poorer. I still sleep, but my neck and back are definitely more sore and I just don't get as comfortable. The worst is when I am sleeping and Rusty starts whining or Mika yell/talks to the cat during the night and I wake up. Grrr.

Movement: Paxlet is moving all the time and the kicks are definitely getting stronger. I just love it! I can even feel him wiggling around while I'm walking too. It is still weird to have Paxlet moving around in me, but it is also very cool. I can't help but wanting to stop what I am doing and wait to feel the kicks. Although, the kicks I don't like are when he decides to kick downward...whoa! That is just strange feeling all the way down to my lady bits.
Today he definitely had something to say/contribute during the team meeting at work. lol

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing at the moment. Not even the pickles as much right now.

Gender: It's a boy!! Still not a single name to be had for this little one.

Symptoms: Bleeding gums and nostrils. I've had this symptom for a while, but I just hadn't thought to mention it until last night. Thankfully I don't get nose bleeds out of nowhere, but my nose is definitely much more sensitive when blowing it. And last night when I flossed my teeth, my gums just didn't want to stop bleeding. Definitely not a taste you want in your mouth as you go to bed.

Gravity is definitely working. My tummy definitely feels heavier and sometimes achy if I don't have something supportive around my stomach when standing for long periods or walking much. Such is this life though, eh?

More "pregnancy brain" stuff happened this week. I drove to my in-laws last Friday to get my winter tires changed to summer tires. My FIL is the greatest! He changed the tires for me, while I baked us a Tosca cake (A buttery sponge cake covered with a crispy layer of almond Tosca praline.) as a little thank you. I chose a pan that was too small and the gooey topping flowed over the edges and into the bottom of the oven. It made a horrible mess! I've never done something quite like that before. FIL was sweet and helped me cleaned it up after we opened the door and windows.

I also finally got a dental hygienist appointment. I could have sworn the lady on the phone said it was for the 25th (today), but no...once I got there it was found out that it was for the 2nd of the 5th month (next Wednesday). Sometimes my Finnish language skills still fail me. I could have slept an extra well-needed 30 minutes this morning! LOL

What I miss: Nothing. Still loving it all!

What I look forward to: I've sent off my papers to Kela (social services) and can't wait to get the maternity package in a few weeks. Having maternity pictures taken in a couple of months. Getting stuff packed around the house so that there is less stress the closer we get to Moving day. And more warm and sunny days!

Moods: I think I've been ok in the mood department this week. A bit sad off and on, but nothing like the previous week.

Milestones: Paxlet is the size of a papaya!
I wish papaya's were fresher and yummier here. I read somewhere that at the end of this week that if  Paxlet decides to come into this world, he'll have a much better chance at surviving (aka viability point/marker).

Sex?: You know it's been too long since the last time you had sex when your thighs are still insanely sore a few days later.

Misc: It's now 11pm and the last of my peanut butter & Reese's pieces muffins are coming out of the oven. Just in time, I'm tired and feeling a bit yucky. Funny story about these muffins this evening. I was originally going to make another Tosca cake, I even stopped at the store to get almond slices. But as I got home, I wasn't in the mood to make that, so I decided to make a coffeecake instead. As I started pulling out the ingredients, I realized I didn't have much white sugar. Sure, I had brown sugar, powder sugar, jam sugar and even rae (pearl?) sugar, but just not more than 2/3 cup of plain ol' white sugar! I started looking through my cookbook to find a recipe that only needed 2/3 cup sugar (and 1/2 cup brown sugar), which turned out to be muffins. The PB and Reese's were my 'invention'. And thankfully nothing over flowed from the pan!

This week's bump pictures can be seen in the Paxlet Pictures tab. I've also finally added week 22 pictures.

22 weeks
21 weeks
20 weeks
19 weeks
18 weeks
17 weeks
16 weeks
15 weeks
14 weeks
13 weeks
12 weeks
11 weeks
10 weeks
9 weeks
8 weeks
7 weeks