14 March 2012

17 weeks

Total Weight Loss/Gain: Still holding out around the +2kg mark. I eat normally and quite healthy, plus my fair share of sweets (now that the mini-aversion has gone away).

Maternity Clothes: I'm still wearing all of my regular clothes, but a couple of pants have now been put in the "I can't wear any more drawer". But my biggest find this week is: Maternity Belly Bands!! Oh, my, gosh! My tummy feels so much better at the end of the day now that I've been using them. Even after a long walk this last weekend I didn't get the normal belly ache and bruised feeling. Relief! I've made my own using a combination of these two great blog posts from DIY maternity:
How to sew a belly band
How to make a no sew belly band
They are super easy to make! Although cutting mine from regular t-shirts, I have found that they aren't nearly as long/tall as if I would have measured out some material as in the first link. I'll need some longer ones at some point, but I didn't go wrong with getting 3 t-shirts for a euro each for my first time playing around with belly bands. I will definitely be making more!

Sleep: I think I've been sleeping quite well. Even if I haven't had as much sleep during the last two nights (I went to bed way too late) I've been feeling quite good and chipper.

Cravings/Aversions: Still nothing that I would call a craving or aversion to anything food wise and I still think it would be fun to have a craving.

Symptoms: This week's symptom is the very strange dreams/nightmares I've been having. My dreams/nightmares are usually very vivid and strange as strange can be, but lately it seems I've been getting much more of them. Dexter still causes me police/killing/murder dreams on occasion if I watch a particularly gruesome episode too close to bed time. I've also had work-stress dreams that just didn't make sense, sort of. A co-worker/friend was driving my car and side-swiped a guardrail going onto a bridge. And one of the more recent ones that I remember was about vampires (I'm reading the Anita Blake series that has vamps, werewolves, tigers, lions, oh my!).

I've also started being very itchy, especially on my breasts! I know during the winter my skin gets quite dry, which is why I always lather myself with lotion after a shower, but lately...it just seems I can't stop itching sometimes. And being that boob-skin is sensitive and thin, I'm scratching very carefully, if at all. Normally I just try putting more lotion on, it usually helps.

And I'm still peeing like a race horse. *grin*

What I miss: Nothing that I can think of, really. I am so loving this pregnancy and I am so grateful that this has been so easy so far.

What I look forward to: Now that I've got a definitely bump (I'm loving it!), I can't wait for it to pop a bit more. I would also love to feel some movement. Next doctor's appointment with ultrasound isn't for another 3 weeks and at that point I'll be at the halfway mark. WOW!

Moods: Quite happy with only a few sadness bits thrown in. In the recent Dexter episodes we've been watching, Rita is pregnant. And the moodiness and witchiness she exhibits is just insane! I look over at Mr Siili and tell him "I'm not like that at all! You've got it easy." Hahah

Milestones: Paxlet is the size of a onion!

Medical concerns: Allergy season is coming up and I learned at my last doctor's appointment that my regular allergy meds are a no-no, so she wrote me a new prescription. I really should get the prescription filled and start taking the meds as it has been said in the news that pollen will be blowing in from the southern (warmer and already blooming) European countries within the next couple of weeks. Also, this year's birch pollen is expected to be quite bad. My worst enemy. But, I've also heard that being pregnant can change hormones and maybe I won't be as badly effected this year. I guess we'll just have to see.

Sex?: Same as usual...

Misc: As I was walking from the kitchen to the living room the other day I had this sudden and over whelming: OMG! I'm pregnant! I still find this whole thing a wonder and amazing.

Several girl friends and I will be getting together this coming Sunday. It's going to be a great time! I'm always left feeling recharged and rejuvenated.

I made brownies this evening. Nom! Nom! Nom!

This week's bump picture (and an updated week 16 bump at a better angle) can be seen in the Paxlet Pictures tab.

16 weeks
15 weeks
14 weeks
13 weeks
12 weeks
11 weeks
10 weeks
9 weeks
8 weeks
7 weeks