07 March 2012

16 weeks

This last week I realized that 16 weeks is 4 months! I'm four months pregnant. OMGoodness! And I have to say, I'm totally loving being pregnant. I realize how fortunate I am that 1) I am pregnant and 2) I haven't really had many really negative pregnancy symptoms (so far). Things are progressing like they should and this is just such a wonderful journey. I hope it continues in the same vein and I can't wait to see what happens.

Total Weight Loss/Gain: Didn't weigh myself the last couple of days, but I think I'm still around the +2kg marker.

Maternity Clothes: As I've said for the last few weeks, I really need to get a more comfortable bra and some pants soon. I just can't be bothered to go to the shops... Someone want to shop for me?

Sleep: I sleep quite well, but I'm finding that my back is a bit more achy in the morning.

Cravings/Aversions: None, but I wish I had some sort of funny craving. Pickles and ice cream anyone?

Gender: I guess it is possible to find out the gender at 16 weeks and since we have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, it could happen. But, I'm still not sure if Mr Siili and I are going to find out or not. I'm still on the fence about it and if I understand Mr Siili correctly, his view point is "the technology is there, why not use it?". So, I guess we'll see what happens.
I personally don't have a feeling either way or a wish of one over the other. Knowing Mr Siili and myself, either gender is going to be unique. Hahaha

Symptoms: This past week I've started getting more sharp shooting pains in my lower abdomen. They don't last too long and most of them aren't too painful, although a few of them do stop me in my tracks, but most are the sort that I am just made sure I know they are there.
I've also started feeling 'heavy' in the belly, especially towards the end of the day. Sometimes it is an uncomfortable feeling, but mostly it makes me smile and lets me know that my belly is growing. I think I need to find some Belly Bands (or the equivalent) soon.
I feel like I am waddling a bit already. Hahah

What I miss: As usual, not having to pee so much.

What I look forward to: I have a neuvola doctor's appointment tomorrow. (It was supposed to be at 12 weeks, but the doctor was sick and so was I, then there were no appointments available for the next week or so, as these can only take place on Thursday, and then there was a week of winter holiday, so it happens this week.) I hope I'll be able to officially hear Paxlet's heartbeat at this appointment.
I'm still waiting to feel movement and for my tummy to show more.

Moods: Mostly normal and chipper, today I've had a bit of general sadness, but it'll go away when I sleep tonight.

Milestones: Paxlet is the size of an avocado!

Medical concerns: None.

Sex?: Life as normal and still hoping my libido will pick up (if not for me, at least for Mr Siili).

Misc: This past week I've found myself gravitating towards mirrors more often. Normally, I'm a make my hair nice in the morning type of gal and then forget about it the rest of the day. And that part of me is still the same, but I can't stop checking to see what my belly looks like. (How vain is that?!) About halfway between my desk and the break room is a full length mirror and I catch myself several times a day standing sideways in front of it checking to see how much my belly shows and if the clothes I'm wearing show it off or hide it. I do the same thing in the bathroom just after washing my hands. I even find myself doing it a bit at home, but at home I just more rub my belly and look at it more. This is just too funny, but I'm totally enjoying it.

Last week Jesica at Just Smile and Blog noticed that her bump seemed to disappear from week 15 to week 16. She said when she Googled it, she found that others had this same occurrence. (I'll take her word for it, because I can't be bothered to Google.) I did discuss this with a co-worker and didn't remember this during her pregnancy. After some discussion, we came to the conclusion that maybe the baby's position had change, thus the appearance of bump decrease. Or maybe the woman's body has changed a bit during this week (pelvic/hips widened a bit?) which would displace the bump in a different direction instead of out and front.
I told her I'd check my bump picture this week and see if I noticed the same, but I don't think my bump has gone anywhere. What do you think? Is my bump still there? Bigger? Smaller? The same?

This week's bump picture can be seen in the Paxlet Pictures tab.

15 weeks
14 weeks
13 weeks
12 weeks
11 weeks
10 weeks
9 weeks
8 weeks
7 weeks