01 March 2012

15 weeks

Happy Leap Day!
I read today that this day can also be called Sadie Hawkins Day! And I thought that was only a dance event in high school (junior high too?) where the girls asked the guys to the dance. I actually went to this dance and asked my best friend's cousin, a guy I had crushed on for ages, Jerimiah (was a bull frog. hehehe) aka Jerry.

In Finland this day is called karkauspäivä ("runaway day"). Yle news' website had this to say about today:
In many countries, leap day has traditionally been a day when women may seize the initiative -- and propose marriage. Finnish custom has its own adaptation of leap day marriage proposals -- should the man turn down the woman's proposal, custom dictates he must buy his suitor cloth for sewing a skirt.
Today started out with lots of sun and not to cold temps. Just one of those days that you feel glad to be alive. I don't know if it was still sunny when the sun set, because I was still at work, busy. Even though it was a busy day at work (lots to do after being off work for two weeks), it's been a decent day. I don't really have an explanation why today has been such a chipper day, but it just has been. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I am15 weeks. It's not any exceptional milestone, but it's pretty cool nonetheless!
What I saw while waiting for the bus this morning.

Total Weight Loss/Gain: +1,5kg (start 66kg) / 148,5lbs (start 145lbs)

Maternity Clothes: I really need to get myself in gear and get a maternity bra or two, the one I've been wearing is getting a bit tight and uncomfortable.

Sleep: Still slightly more tired than normal, but nothing too bad. I've tried putting a pillow between my knees at night, but I think it is doing more harm then helping and it just seems to get in the way when I need to roll onto the other side.

Cravings/Aversions: I'm able to eat more sweets lately without feeling so 'ugh'. Not sure that is such a good thing, but I'm not eating tons of sweets. LOL. I have found myself wanting some steak or real meat (no hamburger please!).

Symptoms: Going pee all the time!
Today I've been having what I assume are ligament pains in my lower abdomen. Sharp pangs, mostly on the right, but also on the left. Thankfully nothing too painful, but they are felt. Other than that, I'm feeling quite good.
Achy back. I've always had a 'bad back', so I haven't put much thought into it, but lately my low low back has been bugging me. The sciatic nerve area just seems to be a bit pinched and I can't seem to make the discomfort go away. I'm sure this will only get worse as time goes on and I'm less and less able to relieve my back pressure on my own. I think a chiro appointment is in the making.
The bloating that I've had the last couple of weeks seems to be mostly gone. Either that or I've learned how to eat much smaller portions, more often, quite well. In any case, I'm very pleased to not be so uncomfortable.

What I miss: Not going pee all the time. LOL

What I look forward to: Still can't wait for my pump to really pop out and to feel Paxlet moving.

Moods: Feeling pretty good.

Milestones: 15 weeks!! Paxlet is the size of a navel orange! I'm pretty sure I heard Paxlet's heartbeat on Monday. I haven't tried listening again, yet.

Medical concerns: I'm still coughing quite a bit and even Mr Siili has said something about it. So, if he's a bit concerned, then I figured I should at least have it checked out. I'm quite sure the doctor will just tell me it is going to take time to heal fully from the horrible flu I had, but to make Mr Siili feel better and maybe find something I can do to make the coughing less aggressive, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow.

Sex?: Twice in one week! That's a record for us since I've gotten pregnant. Haha! I still think it would be nice to have a higher sex drive, but we'll see what happens.

Misc: A co-worker gave me an impromptu talking to/lesson about how I should be drinking lots of milk (blech) and was concerned about the (mostly green) tea I was drinking. I've discussed this all with my neuvola nurse and I'm trying to eat more cheese, yogurt and eat a bit more cereals, because I don't drink milk as such. Also, I've asked about my tea consumption. I drink mostly green teas and some black teas, but even then I'm mostly just flavoring my hot water with tea. One tea bag lasts me several big mugs of tea.

This week's bump picture can be seen in the Paxlet Pictures tab.

14 weeks
13 weeks
12 weeks
11 weeks
10 weeks
9 weeks
8 weeks
7 weeks