22 February 2012

14 weeks

It's been great these last couple of days not having to work!! I've slept in, taken naps and basically done what I've wanted to do: absolutely nothing. Ok, I have done a few things like go wedding dressing hunting with a friend (She thinks she's found the one), food shopping, dishes, laundry and such, but not much else. I've also started reading another book (Danse Macabre by Laurell K. Hamilton), but that's because I want to and not have to. *big grin*

My flu is most of the way gone. Yay! The only thing that is left now is a cough to get the phlegm out of my throat and a sore left nostril from all the nose blowing last week. It's amazing how much better I feel this week.

After a lazy morning of reading in bed, finally getting out of bed to make some sushi for lunch, then sitting and reading and eating said lunch and eventually watching an episode of 16 & pregnant, I thought it might be time to take a short walk outside. But what I saw was the following image. Snow and lots of it coming down. So, I proceeded to watch another TV show, read some more and then turn on the computer. Over all, I think today has been a great day!

Total Weight Loss/Gain: I haven't checked lately, but I'm probably still at my beginning weight of 66kg because of the stupid flu last week.

Maternity Clothes: I've done a bit of looking on a FB group where women sell their used maternity clothes cheaply. I think I'll try to get some stuff from there, at some point.

Sleep: I've been trying to drink a little bit less liquid in the couple of hours leading up to bed time. That seems to help the trips to the bathroom during the night.

Cravings/Aversions: Still eating whatever I want whenever I want. No cravings or aversions. I am learning to eat much smaller than normal portions of food more regularly to help fight the bloating. It's going pretty good this week. It was strange that the potato-carrot puree soup that I made from scratch seemed to make me the most bloated. I ate those foods in other forms quite often and don't have any issues. 

Symptoms: The need to pee more often, still a bit tired and feeling bloated sometimes, but more-so in the evening. 

What I miss: Not really missing anything at the moment.

What I look forward to: Still can't wait to have a more noticeably visible pregnancy bump. I would also like to hear Paxlet's heart beat. I haven't found it yet with the fetal heart monitor I'm borrowing from a friend.

Moods: Feeling pretty good.

Milestones: Paxlet is the size of a lemon!! We're in the second trimester now, no matter which way you look at it! I bought my first baby purchase since being pregnant. There was some cloth diapers (covers and inserts) at the 2nd hand store, but these things look totally brand new and one of the pieces still has the store tag on it. I only paid 15€ for the 6 pieces, which is roughly valued at 57€. Now I just need to decide if Mr Siili and I are going this route or not.

Medical concerns: I don't think I had too much in the way of a fever during my flu, but I can't help but wonder if it did anything to Paxlet. I know I'll be more relieved when I either hear Paxlet's heartbeat or have my next doctor's appointment (in two weeks).

Sex?: Not for a while. Coughing to the point of gagging or peeing oneself is not sexy and most likely painful to the guy. Thankfully this cough is almost gone.

Misc: Mr Siili is so weird!!! I was just playing a bonus Farkle game on FB and some text said: BONUS GAME OVER. Mr Siili started talking about how the text really said BONER GAME OVUS and how I'm so obsessed about this whole pregnancy and baby thing that I can't stop thinking about boners and ovaries. He also went on to say joke that I was hoping he wouldn't notice it said 'boner game ovus' and show how obsessed I really am. Where he gets this stuff, I just don't know, but it sure makes me laugh!

13 weeks
12 weeks
11 weeks
10 weeks
9 weeks
8 weeks
7 weeks