16 February 2012

13 weeks

...and one day. Yes, I'm a day late post this week, because I've been fantastically sick all week! Prepare for a whoa is me whinge:
I can't remember the last time I've been this miserably sick. It started with a sharp painful cough Sunday evening. By Monday morning I did not want to get ready for work (who does on Monday morning?), but I trudged along and went to work. I stayed most of the day, stupid me. My mind wasn't all there (Mr Siili would say that is normal) and I was nauseous. This nausea was horrendous!! All I can say is that I am even more thankful that I did not have this symptom (this badly) at the beginning of my pregnancy. One day of it was more than enough for me. I stayed home Tuesday, coughing and hacking up parts of my lung. This slimy junk in my throat just doesn't want to come out easily and so I end up gagging most of the time I cough, which leaves me sweaty, shaky and tears in my eyes. I have been trying to remember to take my asthma medicine more, I have sort of succeeded. My throat was so sore and my stomach hurt too from all the coughing/gagging. I didn't sleep well Tuesday night and had to get up early to meet a co-worker visiting from the US at his hotel, near my house, to take him to work. It was planned already last week and I didn't even think of finding someway to get out of it until too late the night before. Oh well. I took the guy into work and stayed there until my doctor's appointment to get sick leave for the rest of the week. Went home with sore ears as 2 stupid teen boys decided to sit behind me and basically yell their conversation the whole trip. I tried to sleep for 3 hours, but I couldn't get warm (until I took a long hot shower), I was achey and I couldn't breath because my nose decided to start running. So, I slept in 10-30 minute intervals, breathing with my mouth open, which then dries my mouth out and then I start coughing, which leads me having to run to the bathroom so I don't pee myself. LOL, this just sucks! I also didn't sleep too well last night, but as the night wore on, I found myself sleeping in longer stretches and being able to breath more. I only woke up to go pee and turn myself to a more comfortable position. My nose isn't running as badly today, but I still ache and feel miserable.
And for some good news! A package arrived for me in the mail yesterday! A lady from my hometown sent me a bag of coconut and cherry M&Ms!!! I haven't eaten too many, as they just aren't appealing at the moment, but I was totally thrilled for this package.
And my other insanely wonderful news: one of my best friends is pregnant!!! She has the very cute 2.5 year old that just loves me and she is now 8 weeks pregnant. She only found out last week that she is pregnant because she hasn't had a period in 4 months. She gets some pretty bad migraines, which completely mess up her hormones. So when she started feeling nausea and puking again, she figured she'd better test and it came up positive. I'm so excited for her and on a slightly selfish note, I'm exited to have a friend on maternity leave at the same time as me.

Now, for this week's weekly update! I've removed a couple that just aren't relevant yet, but I'll put them back in as they become relevant. 

Total Weight Loss/Gain: I think I'm right back at my beginning weight of 66kg because of this stupid flu.

Maternity Clothes: This will become a reality soon-ish. My pants are getting tighter and tighter. I'm gonna see what I can do about jerry-rigging my pants so I can fight off buying pants for as long as possible. I hate shopping and don't look forward to it. I still haven't bought any new bras. I just hate trying on bras and I really don't like under-wires. So, I'm thinking I'll buy me some nice soft nursing bras quite soon. I am quite sure I've gone up at least one size around and in cup from a 75D (34C US) to at least an 80DD, although I think I might need an even bigger cup. Bleh. 


Sleep: Having to get up and go pee several times a night is putting a bit of a damper on my sleep, but it isn't so bad. I really just need to get a night light so I don't have to have the bright light on every time I go in there. 

Cravings/Aversions: Still eating whatever I want whenever I want. No cravings or aversions. Although, sometimes talk about certain foods will make me queasy.  Mr Siili thinks that is funny. 

Symptoms: The need to pee more often, still a bit tired (but this is also sickness related) and feeling bloated, very bloated, but more-so in the evening. 

What I miss: Only waking up once a night to go pee instead of 3 or 4 times. Haha
Not really pregnancy related, but I miss my mom! 

What I look forward to: Still can't wait to have a noticeably visible pregnancy bump. I think it is showing more, especially now if/when I don't suck my tummy in. (I should stop doing that for my semi-weekly photos.) 

Moods: I cry at the drop of a hat when watching something on TV. It's quite funny really, but also silly. Other than that, I think my moods are like they normally are. 

Milestones: Paxlet is the size of a peach!! We're in the second trimester (at least by some books)! 

Medical concerns: I sure hope this cold doesn't bother Paxlet. I'm also a bit concerned about all the coughing and sneezing, as my stomach and lady bits are somewhat sore. I'm sure it's normal, but feeling something new for the first time is always something that gives me a quick pause to think about. 

Sex?: Still no raging desire in me, but there is still time. There definitely won't be any sex until I'm feeling better and Mr Siili's back isn't hurting. 

Misc: I'm thrilled my friend is pregnant. I can't wait to be over this flu. And I really do hope I am feeling better soon, because I would like to go outside, even if for a short bit. The sun was beautiful today and it definitely isn't cold (only -2 to -4C). I've also made an appointment with a friend/co-worker to go wedding dress shopping with her on Monday. Fingers crossed we can kick this flu to the curb.
I'm sick of drinking hot black currant juice and tea, but what else can I drink?!

12 weeks
11 weeks
10 weeks
9 weeks
8 weeks
7 weeks