08 February 2012

12 weeks

My 12 week scan was today and it was awesome! I'm feeling much more relaxed and confident now. More about at the end of this post under the Misc topic.

Total Weight Loss/Gain: +1-2kg, at most (starting 66kg)


Maternity Clothes: Not yet. I'm just unbuttoning my pants when I sit for too long.

Stretch marks: None yet.

Sleep: Still needing more sleep than usual for me. But it is still good sleep, usually. Sometimes I have weirder than normal dreams, but I can generally fall back asleep after the weirdest ones quite easily.

Movement: Not feeling any movement yet, but I'm "practicing" feeling it every night. As I fall asleep, I lay with my hands on my stomach waiting for Paxlet to wiggle.

Cravings/Aversions: Still only avoiding sweets off and on.

Gender: No idea!

Symptoms: Nothing really new: So long as I eat regularly and not too much at a time, I feel fine. I'm peeing much more. And I'm still quite tired each evening and especially after lunch. I just can't seem to function for about an hour to an hour and a half after I've eaten.

What I miss: Nothing! Maybe a tiny thing I'm missing is not having any friends in town with me who are also pregnant. My closest friends have kids who are 7 years, 3.5 years, 2.5 years (*2) and just over 1 year. I totally missed having a kid at the same time as everyone else.

What I look forward to: Having a visible (to everyone else) bump and feeling Paxlet move!

Moods: Normal for the most part. I did have a grump session with Mr Siili who reciprocated in kind. Haha

Milestones: 12 week scan today!!! edited to add: Paxlet is the size of a plum as of today!

Medical concerns: No concerns. I'm not sure if it is the cold weather or pregnancy (or my lack of taking my meds as regularly as I should), but my asthma seems to be acting up a bit. Much more phlegm in my throat than usual, but thankfully nothing more than that.

Sex?: :)

Misc: As soon as the doctor put the ultrasound on my tummy, my eyes misted a bit. Such a great sight to see! Paxlet is measuring spot on! As per my EDD (confirmed once again today), Paxlet should be 12weeks 0days, which is where s/he is, exactly! The external ultrasound was quite blurry still (as the doctor explained it most likely would be), so she switched to the wand. We got to see the heart beat, but not hear it. Tiny bummer, but oh well. There is a beautiful head, spine, heart, stomach, bladder, arms, elbows, knees and feet! Towards the end the doctor jiggled my tummy to get Paxlet to move and boy, did s/he! Paxlet put on a little show for us and then turned away from us as if to say, "Ok, I moved for you, now leave me alone". Hehe! Sounds like Paxlet is already taking after mom and dad. I don't remember too many numbers, except for the ranges for possible Down Syndrome. For my age (35.5 years) it was 1:350, which is decent. And for Paxlet's measurements it was 1:3250. (At least close to that.). The doctor talked to us a bit after the ultrasound, gave us 2 pictures and we scheduled a more detailed scan when I am 20 weeks. Not much more was done after that, so Mr Siili and I went back to work.

Mr Siili still hasn't said too much about this whole pregnancy thing. Well, he did comment that I need to be much more careful and not be so spazzy and clumsy. *eye roll* It's not as if I do those things on purpose! And he does say little things here and there, so I know he is thinking about it some, but I'd just love to talk to him more about it. I'm still going to give him some time and try to catch him at a good moment.

I'm just really relieved to see Paxlet alive and wiggling. I feel like I can definitely relax, at least for the time being. Who knows what the future holds, but for today it is quite bright and I'm very happy and thankful!

11 weeks
10 weeks
9 weeks
8 weeks
7 weeks