06 February 2012

12 week ultrasound tomorrow

And I'm scared!

Hormonally, this makes sense (sort of), but rationally it doesn't, but I can't help myself. I've not had any spotting, no previous miscarriages, no flu or colds recently, no unbearable pain or anything that should make me worry about something being wrong. But I've read too many blogs to know that anything can happy and does happen. And I'm still scared!

I'm thankful that I haven't been worried, nervous or scared about this scan up until yesterday (or so) and today. I'm truly enjoying the fact that I am pregnant. And I'm still totally amazed by it. I want this ultrasound tomorrow to go well! I want it with all my heart and as much as I have wanted this pregnancy.

I talked to my sister-in-law this evening on my way home from work. She sort of allayed my fears, a tiny but, but not fully. I've also cried to Mr Siili this evening and it sort of helped. But I don't think anything will really help until we get to the doctor's appointment and see Paxlet alive and kicking tomorrow.

I'm heading to bed in hopes of getting some sleep this evening, because I really need it!

p.s. Thank you everyone for your comments on yesterday's post about how to tell my co-workers about my pregnancy. I still haven't figured it out yet, but I've got things to think on now.