19 December 2011

January 9, 2012

3 weeks from today I will have my first ultrasound as a pregnant chick.

That is just not something I thought I'd be writing any time soon! After a year and a half of trying on our own, a laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis, several failed IUI's, 2 failed IVFs, 2 failed FETs, I finally managed to get pregnant!! That's 41 failed cycles; 3 years and 4 months of trying before it worked! I was honestly working on coming to terms with the fact I might not ever be a mom. I still might not be a mom, but for now, there is the possibility. The fact that I am pregnant (for now) is slowly sinking in.

During the weekend, Mr Siili asked if we could still "practice". I told him "of course" (if the progesterone doesn't kill it for me too much). But I'm not minding the progesterone suppositories so much now. Funny how it is all relative.

This 3WW is longer than a 2WW, but thankfully there is Xmas and New Year thrown in there to keep me busy. As an online friend said, I waited 3+ years to get a BFP, I can definitely wait 3 more weeks. I agree.

And now, after a long day at work, 3/4 of a BodyBalance class and almost 1/2 of a BodyCombat class, I'm off to bed!

p.s. Mr Siili has another job interview Tuesday morning! Things are looking up!!!