10 May 2011

My first award

This award was given to me by lostintranslation over at We say IVF they say FIV. As my title says, this is my first award. I'm quite pleased and a little surprised. Pleased because, who doesn't like to be awarded something? Surprised because, although I've had this blog for some time (2008), I've only recently started blogging more regularly and even more recently have I found a group of blogs from Stirrup Queens that interest me and where I feel like I have so much in common. As I have been going around to all these blogs, I look at them and think to myself "wow! I want my blog layout to look as nice and smooth as theirs!". I have tweaked my blog look a bit lately (the beach scene is my own picture) and I'm trying to make it look more like the idea in my head, but I think that is going to take some time. And while I don't feel quite stylish 'enough' myself (I wonder if this is a reflection of the flesh and blood me?), I am thankful for this award and will do my best to live up to it.

Now for the rules of this award:
*Put the image on your blog
*Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
*Say seven things about yourself
*Pass the award on to 10-15 other bloggers you feel deserve this award

The first two were easy and are done.

Here are 7 things about me:
1. I love my piercings and my tattoos. I've had my nose pierced since I was 16 (1992 - more than half my life!) and my tongue pierced since I was 18.
2. I read Dear Abby every day.
3. I love participating in Postcrossing.
4. I am a Leo (in astrology) through and through. (Although I don't/wouldn't put my life's worth on it.)
5. I love practicing Taekwon-do (I am taking a break from it right now because of TTC and IVF issues. Being kicked or punched in the stomach seems like too great of a risk...)
6. I love to read! (My favorite authors right now are: Diana Gabaldon, Anne McCaffery, Anne Rice and yes, Stephanie Meyer's Twilight books and most all things vampire)
7. I am a very passionate person. When I am excited or happy about something, I let the world know and I go for it full throttle, but the opposite is true too: when I don't like something or I am unhappy about something I am totally miserable (and so is everyone else around me until I get is resolved to my liking).

As for the last part of this award's rules, I think I will take some time before I pass this award on. As I stated at the top, I'm still relatively new to this world of linking up with other bloggers and having a group of people around actually reading (and commenting) on my blog, that I just don't feel like I know enough bloggers or read enough blogs regularly to actually make a real decision. I don't want to just randomly toss out this award (or any other award) just because "I have to". I promise I will pass this on, at a later date.